With a brightness of 2600 lumens, the VPL-DX122 XGA Multimedia Projector from Sony is optimized for small boardroom presentations and in-home use. Itfeatures an XGA (1024 x 768) native resolution, which has a 4:3 aspect ratio ideal for PowerPoint slide shows. Additionally, internal scaling allows theprojector to work with a range of non-native formats, including SD, HD up to 1080p60, and computer signals up to 1600 x 1200 (UXGA).
For connectivity to a range of devices, the VPL-DX122 features an HDMI input, a VGA input, and a composite video input. The VGA input doubles as acomponent input - a separately available adapter or cable from 3-RCA to VGA will be required. For audio, there is a shared 3.5mm mini jack input that canbe used in conjunction with either composite or VGA inputs. To output audio, the projector features a mono 1W speaker for those times when no separatesound system is available.
A remote, VGA cable, and carrying case are all included.
- Bright Era 3LCD Technology
- A beamsplitter sends red, blue, and green light through three monochrome LCD panels to render a video image. 3LCD design features no moving partsin the imaging system, although there is still a cooling fan, and is free of the "rainbow effect" artifact sometimes perceived on color-wheel-basedsystems
- 1.2x Zoom and 1.47 to 1.77:1 Throw Ratio
- Throw ratio is one of the most important specifications a projector lens has as it tells you the image size (width) you will get at a givendistance from the screen. This projector is optimized for screens between 30 and 300" diagonal
- 2600 Lumens Lamp
- A single lamp provides 2600 lumens brightness in the brightest mode, and is estimated to last 3000 hours - up to 10,000 if continuously used in thelowest brightness setting. To determine the ideal brightness level for your application, you will need to take into account the screen width,distance from the projector to the screen (throw distance), amount of ambient light near the screen, and the reflectivity (gain) of the screensurface used
- 4:3 Native Aspect Ratio
- This projector features the XGA format, which produces a 4:3 aspect ratio picture optimal for PowerPoint presentations and many still imageformats. The wider 16:9 HDTV and 16:10 computer aspect ratios can still be displayed - either by cropping the sides of the image, "letterboxing"(filling the remaining space with black bars top and bottom), or applying an anamorphic squeeze, which distorts the picture
- Auto Brightness
- In this mode, adjusts brightness automatically based on the content being displayed
- "Off and Go"
- Allows you to pack up the projector as soon as it powers down - no more cool-down period
- Eco Mode
- Provides extended lamp life and lower power consumption (brightness will be lower)
- Gamma Correction
- Employs 12-bit 3D digital gamma correction for enhanced tonal reproduction