The Sony PXW-X180 XDCAM Handheld Camcorder features three 1/3" Exmor CMOS sensors and a 25x Sony G zoom lens with 26mm wide angle. Itrecords high-quality, 10-bit 1080p video using the XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP codecs. It also offers MPEG HD 422, MPEG HD 420, AVCHD, and DV codecs tofit into a variety of broadcast and production workflows. Other key features include a 0.5" OLED viewfinder, dual SxS memory card slots, proxy recording toSD cards, and an electronically controlled variable ND filter. The camcorder can be controlled wirelessly with a smartphone or tablet using the includedwireless LAN module.
- Three 1/3" Exmor CMOS Sensors
- Three 1/3" Exmor CMOS sensors with a total of about 2.07 million effective pixels (16:9) independently capture red, blue, and green light. This,combined with the camcorder's Full HD 1920x1080 resolution, high-sensitivity, and wide dynamic range, delivers vibrant images with accurate colorrendition. Noise reduction and anti-shake is provided to assure high image quality in a variety on shooting conditions.
- Sony G Lens with 25x Optical Zoom
- The Sony G lens has a 25x zoom range with a 35mm equivalent focal length range of 26mm to 650mm. This makes the lens versatile enough to handle awide range of shooting situations from wide-angle to telephoto. Independent manual, zoom, and focus rings with end-stop and iris control areprovided, and a slide mechanism on the focus ring enables easy switching between auto and manual focusing. The focus indicator can be displayedeven when focusing manually.
- XAVC Intra and XAVC Long GOP Recording
- XAVC technology is based on the efficient and high-quality H.264 standard. XAVC Intra using intra-frame compression, meaning that every frame isencoded independent of the other frames. This provides a better quality picture, but requires a higher bit-rate. With a Long GOP codec, onlycertain frames are encoded individually. This allows the codec to squeeze the video into a much smaller bitrate than Intra technology. XAVC LongGOP files require less storage space than XAVC Intra files. When recording in XAVC, it uses the MXF file format, efficiently compressing Full HD1920x1080 resolution using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 codec. Image sampling is 4:2:2 10-bit with Intra-frame compression at 112 Mbps or high-efficiencyLong-GOP compression at 50 Mbps, 35 Mbps or 25 Mbps. In addition to XAVC Intra/Long GOP, the PXW-X180 records in MPEG HD 422 at 50 Mbps, MPEG HD420 at 35 Mbps, AVCHD, and DV.
- Dual SxS Memory Card Slots
- The PXW-X180 features two SxS memory card slots offering high read and write speeds. Optional adapters are available which allow recording to yourexisting XQD or SD memory cards. Simultaneous recording onto two memory cards is possible (in the same recording mode only). With two recordbuttons, the operator can choose which card to record to, letting you use one card for recording while the other card serves as a backup.Continuous relay recording is also possible from the card in the A slot to the card in the B slot.
Note:In AVCHD recording mode, simultaneous recording and relay recording between the two memory cards are not possible.
- Proxy Recording on SD Card
- The PXW-X180 can record proxy H.264 videos on an SD card. The resolution and bitrate of proxy video can be changed for a more flexible workflow.The proxy files are recorded in MP4 format for better compatibility with broadcast systems. The lightweight proxy video files are generatedseparately from the main line recording and recorded to SD cards for quick sharing of content over low-bandwidth mobile networks.
- Variable ND Filter
- The PXW-X180 is Sony's first professional camcorder to feature a variable ND filter. The new filter device has been developed to electronicallycontrol density and enable continuous setting adjustment from 1/4 to 1/128 ND using a simple dial. The variable ND filter lets you shoot with largeapertures and/or slower shutter speeds when outside in daylight or in other bright environments.
- The camcorder offers a variety of connections to suit the broadcast workflow, including 3G HD-SDI, HDMI, USB, composite output, timecodeinput/output, and genlock input. The 3G-SDI connector is able to output the 1080/59.94p or 50p signal. Down-conversion output from HD to SD is alsopossible. Simultaneous output from both SDI and HDMI is possible. The Rec Trigger signal can be sent through SDI and HDMI to link an externalrecording device.
- Wireless Functionality
- The included wireless LAN module enables Wi-Fi control with NFC support. Simply download the Content Browser Mobile app to monitor footage andcontrol camcorder settings via your smartphone or tablet. You can also transfer MP4 proxy recordings from the camcorder to your mobile device.
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- Accessories taking their power from the Multi-Interface Shoe can be switched on and off from the camcorder. Also, if an optional UWP-D11 or UWP-D12wireless microphone receiver is connected, power supply and cable-free audio signal input is possible, minimizing the need for extra batteries andremoving the need for additional cabling.
- Additional Features
- 0.5" OLED viewfinder with 1024 x 678 resolution
- LANC interface
- GPS enabled - GPS data is automatically recorded in two file locations
IN THE BOX
- Sony PXW-X180 Full HD XDCAM Handheld Camcorder
- Len Hood
- EVF Large Eyecup
- USB Cable
- Audio Connecting Cable
- IR Remote Commander
- Lithium Battery (for IR Remote Commander)
- AC Adapter
- BC-U1 Battery Charger
- BP-U30 Lithium-Ion Charger
- 2 x AC Cable
- Cold Shoe Kit
- Shoulder Strap
- Wireless LAN Module
- Accessory Shoe Kit
- XQD Card Adapter
- CD-ROM (Operating Instructions in PDF)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
3 Replacement BP-U30 Batteries
3pc Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD)
160 LED Video Light
Deluxe Camcorder Case
Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
|Imaging Device||3 x 1/3" type Exmor CMOS sensor|
|Effective Pixels (H x V)||1920 x 1080|
|Sensitivity||F9 (typical) (1920 x 1080/59.94i mode)|
F10 (typical) (1920 x 1080/50i mode)
|S/N Ratio||60 dB (Y) (typical)|
|Shutter Speed||1/32 to 1/2000 sec|
|White Balance||Present (3200K), A, B|
|Built-In ND Filters||Clear, 1/4 to 1/128 variable|
|Viewfinder||0.5" (1.27 cm) color OLED|
2.36 million dots
|LCD||3.5" (8.89 cm) color LCD monitor|
Aspect ratio: 16:9
1.56 million dots
|Slots||2 x ExpressCard/34; supports SxS PRO+ and SxS-1 memory cards (for XAVC/MPEG2/AVCHD/DV)|
1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC (for Proxy)
1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC (for Utility)