Covering all the essentials and now designed to match the latest cameras, theDT 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 SAM II LensfromSonyoffers shooters a compact and versatile zoom range with improved imaging performance. With a 27-82.5mm equivalent range and maximum aperture range of f/3.5-5.6, users will enjoy a compact and lightweight kit. Also, it uses one extra-low dispersion element and two aspherical elements to combat aberrations while an improved rear baffle will minimize internal reflections. Further enhancing performance is a Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM), which will provide fast, quiet focusing and a minimum focus distance of just 9.8". Additionally, it has a seven-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh.
- Covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, this standard 18-55mm zoom is designed for APS-C format A-mount cameras, where it will provide a versatile 27-82.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- A variable f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture helps ensure that lens size and weight is kept to a minimum.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Two aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- By incorporating a Smooth Autofocus Motor (SAM) unit into the lens itself to drive the focusing element group, this lens is able to deliver smoother, quieter, and faster performance that coupled systems.
- Users can focus as close as 9.8", providing a maximum magnification ratio of 0.34x for close-up imaging.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- ALC-F55S 55mm Front Lens Cap
- ALC-R55 Rear Lens Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Sony 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 Specs
|Filter Thread||Front: 55 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.82 x 2.72" (71.6 x 69mm)|
|Package Weight||0.8 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.7 x 4.2 x 4.1"|