The black PT-RZ970BU Series 10,000-Lumen WUXGA DLP Projector from Panasonic features a solid-state laser light source and full-spectrum color wheel that boosts color without sacrificing brightness. Because the PT-RZ970BU is powered by SOLID SHINE laser technology, you can turn the projector on and off any time you like. With Quick Start mode, projection begins in about one second. The projector also features a Quartet Color Harmonizer wheel mechanism that captures a wider color space than comparable projectors, which allows white to be reproduced realistically on-screen. The PT-RZ970BU includes a lens with a 1.7 to 2.4:1 throw ratio that provides a 50 to 600" screen size. This dustproof projector, with no lamps or filters to replace, provides 20,000 hours of maintenance-free projection with consistent picture quality.
- Full-Spectrum Color with up to 10,000-Lumen Brightness
- Offers DLP technology delivering high-resolution detail, dual laser modules outputting up to 10,000 lumens of brightness, Quartet Color Harmonizer to reduce energy loss from the light source, and a robust heat-resistant phosphor wheel. The SOLID SHINE laser system produces scintillating images with unfailing reliability.
- White Balance and Color Reproduction
- The Quartet Color Harmonizer wheel mechanism captures a wider color space than comparable projectors, which allows white to be reproduced realistically on screen.
- Laser Module Maintains Picture Quality over Time
- Thanks to the dual solid-state laser modules, there are no lamps to replace, and image color/brightness degrades very gradually in consistent, linear fashion. As well as reducing maintenance hassle, out-of-the-box picture quality is preserved longer.
- Stable 24/7 Operation with Light Source Failover Protection
- The Dual Drive Laser Optical Engine groups laser diodes into two discrete modules. A fail-safe redundancy circuit works to minimize brightness and color uniformity loss should a laser diode fail, making the projector suitable for mission-critical applications. Furthermore, brightness decreases more gradually and consistently than lamp-based projectors over a 20,000-hour maintenance-free projection period.
- Efficient Cooling System
- The PT-RZ970 Series has a liquid-cooling system for the light source that suppresses temperature rises, enhancing projection stability in ambient temperatures of up to 113°F. This cooling system also contributes to the reduction of operational noise to just 41 dB, for distraction-free presentations, and is hermetically sealed so there's no need to periodically replenish the coolant.
- Light Control for High Contrast
- The PT-RZ970 Series directly modulates laser power output to achieve high contrast with low power consumption. Digitally controlled frame-by-frame scene-linking modulation ensures highly precise output adjustment, while accurate 10,000:1 contrast is delivered even when bright and dark scenes frequently interchange.
- System Daylight View for Sharp, Vivid Images in Bright Environments
- The System Daylight View prevents images from washing out in well-lit environments, enhancing brightness perception in multi-projector mapping applications by adjusting sharpness and gamma curves and correcting colors. The result is better visual impact, even in challenging conditions.
- Detail Clarity Processor Sharpens the Finest Details
- The circuit optimizes the sharpness of each image based on the super high, high, medium, and low frequency components of the extracted image information. The resulting images are expressed with natural, convincing realism.
- Dust-Resistant Airtight Optical Block
- The PT-RZ970 Series optical block is airtight, ensuring consistent, long-lasting image quality for up to 20,000 hours without maintenance. The optical block design passed stringent testing to assure utmost reliability in environments with up to 0.15mg of particulate matter per cubic meter (based on American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers [ASHRAE] and Japanese Building Maintenance Association guidelines). The structure prevents brightness degradation from dust intrusion.
- Selectable Operational Modes Maintain Image Quality
- In Normal mode, the PT-RZ970 Series can operate continuously for about 20,000 hours. In Eco mode, this is extended to around 24,000 hours of continuous operation. These modes enhance suitability for education and signage applications. In environments where full brightness is not necessary, such as surveillance, control, and simulation rooms, constant operation modes extend light source replacement to up to 87,600 hours in Long Life mode – about ten years of 24/7 projection, with consistent brightness and color. In addition to preset operating modes, the PT-RZ970 Series can be customized to achieve your preferred balance of brightness performance or extended life.
- Contrast Sync and Shutter Sync Functions
- The PT-RZ970 Series features contrast and shutter sync functions for multi-screen and mapping applications. Contrast sync allows the projector's digitally modulated contrast function to be synchronized over the network, for consistent picture quality across screens. Shutter sync incorporates a master/slave principle to synchronize shutter on/off timing between all networked projectors. It includes simultaneous fade-in and fade-out functions.
- Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
- Optimally adjusts multiple screens with edge blending, color matching, and digital image enlargement. With edge blending, edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled. Color matching corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors. PC software assures easy, accurate control.
- Multi-Unit Brightness and Color Control
- This function automatically corrects brightness and color fluctuations that occur over time in individual projectors in a multi-screen system. Control up to eight projectors connected via hub increasing to a maximum of 2,048 projectors with Multi-Monitoring & Control Software.
- Geometric Adjustment for Custom Screen Surfaces
- Geo Adjustment adapts the image for projection onto spherical, cylindrical, and other specially shaped screens. Fine-tuning is performed with the remote control, with no external equipment needed. Paired with Multi-Screen Support System, highly creative mapping presentations are possible in a variety of event and staging applications.
- Single-Cable DIGITAL LINK Control and Video Connection
- Upward HDBaseT compatible DIGITAL LINK supports transmission of uncompressed Full HD video and control commands through a single Cat5e or higher STP cable for distances of up to 492'. Add an optional DIGITAL LINK Switcher or Digital Interface Box to further simplify installation in large venues while reducing cost and improving reliability.
- Backup Input Setting Optimizes Performance
- This feature allows smooth switching to a backup input signal should the primary signal be disrupted, guaranteeing reliability for mission-critical control rooms, projection mapping, staging, and in other applications where image display must be maintained.
- Free 360° Rotation
- Projection is possible in any direction vertically and horizontally, and the unit can be rotated 360 degrees for installation at any angle.
- Supports Art-Net DMX, Crestron Connected, and PJLink
- The PT-RZ970 Series is compatible with Art-Net DMX protocol for lighting management. This allows the projector to be connected to a lighting console, opening the door to a range of added functionality and control options. The included LAN/DIGITAL LINK terminal also supports Crestron Connected and PJLink (Class 1) for seamless integration of PT-RZ970 Series projectors into an existing AV network utilizing multiple device brands.
- Multi-Monitoring & Control Software
- The software offers monitoring and control of up to 2,048 devices over a LAN network from a single PC. For monitoring, status for individual devices can be listed in groups. Control functions include power On/Off, input switching, scheduling, and command inputs.
- Connect any source device to the PT-RZ970 Series via its array of terminals including SDI, DIGITAL LINK, DVI-D, and HDMI.
- Web Browser Control
- The PT-RZ970 Series can be easily operated remotely over a LAN network via a computer's web browser. Projectors can be configured to alert the operator via email if an error has occurred.
- Quick Start, Quick Off
- The laser light source doesn't require any warm-up, so images appear almost instantly (in about one second) with the PT-RZ970 Series projectors. There's also no cool-down period needed when turning the power off at the mains – the projector can be turned on and off any time as necessary.
- Ecology-Conscious Design
- Lamp-free (no mercury)
- No halogenated flame retardants are used in the cabinet
- Lead-free solder is used to mount components to the printed circuit boards
- Light source mode is selectable to reduce power consumption
- Standby power consumption of only 0.3W
- Auto Off timer switches the projector to standby mode when no input signal is received for a preset time
- Low heat dissipation
- Additional Features
- Lens-centered design and a wide horizontal/vertical lens shift
- Shutter effect with fade in/fade out (configurable in 0.5-second intervals from 0.5 to 4.0 seconds, or to 5-, 7-, or 10-second intervals)
- PJLink compatibility
- Picture-in-Picture function
- Image rotation function
- On-screen menu rotatable in Portrait mode
- Scheduling function
- Long-range 98’ wireless remote control
- Anti-theft features including chain opening and security bar
- Customizable start up logo
- ID assignment for up to 64 units
- Built-in test pattern
- Selectable 10-language on-screen menu (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
- RoHS Directive-compliant
- Power Cord with Secure Lock
- Wireless/Wired Remote Control Unit
- 2 x Battery R03/AAA
- Software CD-ROM (Logo Transfer, Multi-Monitoring, Control)
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
|Display System||1-Chip 0.67" / 1.70 cm DLP|
|Native Resolution||WUXGA - 1920 x 1200 Progressive|
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio||10000:1|
|Color Range||R, G, B|
|Lens||F 1.7 - 1.9 (f = 25.6 - 35.7 mm)|
|Lens Shift||Vertical: +50%|
|Throw Ratio||1.8 - 2.4:1|
|Projection Size||50 - 600" / 127.00 - 1524.00 cm|
|Keystone Correction||Vertical: ± 40°|
Horizontal: ± 15°
|Rear Screen Projection||Yes|
|Inputs/Outputs||1x BNC Video (Input)|
1x HDMI Video (Input)
1x DVI-D Video (Input)
5x BNC Video (Input)
1x 15-pin VGA Video (Input)
1x 9-pin VGA Video (Input/Output)
1x M3 Control (Input/Output)
1x 9-pin VGA Control (Input/Output)