The Panasonic PT-EX16KU LCD Projector is flexible and powerful enough to thrive in a variety of working conditions. With a brightness of 16,000 lumens working off quad lamp technology and a contrast ratio of 2500:1, the PT-EX16KU is encased in a ruggedized chassis for high reliability and durability. It has a 4:3 aspect ratio and XGA resolution of 1024 x 768 that are complimented by an increased functionality and a variety of features.
Pure color control, which independently controls yellow brightness to improve color reproduction, attains this superb brightness with optimal coloring. The mechanical shutter lets you mechanically block the light to completely blackout the screen, and prevents light leakage from the lens. When closing the shutter, the projection image gradually fades out, then gradually fades in when opening, which brings more attractive stage effects.
When installing the PT-EX16KU, plenty of features aide with proper installation. The horizontal and vertical lens shift will let you accommodate many room sizes and shapes and the zoom increases the chances that your existing ceiling mount will not need to be moved. The projector can be rotated 360 vertically for flexible installation. This allows projection from directly above or below, for exciting visual possibilities in art galleries, theaters and showrooms.
Lastly, an iron base plate is mounted to the bottom of the main unit. Also, robust carrying handles attached to the base plate are designed for easy carrying of the projector, which is quite heavy.
Lens Not Included!
- Full 16,000 Lumens of Brightness and a 2500:1 Contrast Ratio
- The 4 lamp optical system uses high-output, 380W lamps to deliver remarkable 16,000 lumens of brightness. And the contrast ratio is a high 2500:1, to ensure bright, crisp, large-screen projection
- Excellent Colors with Pure Color Control
- It is inherently difficult for LCD projectors to attain both high brightness and superb color reproduction. For this reason, in addition to the three conventional LCD panels that control the light intensity for the red, blue and green primary colors, the PT-EX16K also features a pure color control function that independently controls the light intensity of yellow coloring. This provides rich overall color expression while maintaining brightness
- 4 Lamp Optical System Enables Stable, Extended Operation
- Even if one lamp goes out during use, the other lamps continue, so projection is not interrupted. Lamp relay mode also allows long time, continuous operation
- Highly Durable Optical Engine Ensures Excellent Long Time Image Quality
- The LCD panels and polarizers inside the LCD projector's optical block tend to degrade over time. Their degradation strongly and adversely affects image quality. The inorganic LCD panels and polarizers in the PT-EX16K resist time-related changes to achieve a replacement cycle of up to 10,000 hours. This maintains high image quality for a very long time
- Adverse Dust Effects Prevented by a Long-Lasting Air Filter
- The use of a large pleated air filter has made it possible to achieve a replacement cycle of up to 5000 hours. This greatly reduces maintenance hassles. The filter is also replaced from the front, so there is no need to detach the projector from its bracket in ceiling mounted applications
- Optional Smoke Cut Filter Provides Protection from Fine Smoke Particles
- The projector can be equipped with an optional smoke cut filter ET-SFE16 to prevent the entry of not only dust but also fine smoke particles, such as those used for special effects at events and stage performances
- Full 10-Bit Image Processing System
- The use of a full 10-bit image processing system provides smooth tonal expression. For example, skin tones appear natural and true to life
- The Horizontal/Vertical Lens Shift Function and a Variety of Lenses
- Both zooming and focusing can be done by remote control. The wide adjustment range of the powered horizontal/vertical lens shift function assures convenience and versatility during installation. A variety of lenses are also available, from short or long focus zoom lenses to fixed focus lenses for rear projection. This makes it possible to install the projector in a variety of locations
- Flexible Installation
- The projector can be rotated 360 vertically for flexible installation. This allows projection from directly above or below, for exciting visual possibilities in art galleries, theaters and showrooms
- Mechanical Shutter for a Total Screen Blackout
- The mechanical shutter lets you mechanically block the light to completely blackout the screen, and prevents light leakage from the lens. When closing the shutter, the projection image gradually fades out, then gradually fades in when opening, which brings more attractive stage effects
- Easy Remote Control and Observation
- A Web browser on a computer connected through a wired LAN system lets you remotely operate projectors and check their status. An e-mail messaging function can also notify you when a lamp needs replacement, and indicate the overall projector status. In addition, multi projector monitoring and control software is available for monitoring and controlling multiple Panasonic projectors from a single PC. The wired LAN terminal is compatible with PJLink (Class1), an open protocol that is used by many manufacturers, to enable integrated control of systems that contain different brands of projectors
- Corner Keystone Correction Enables Angled Projection
- All you need to do is designate four points as the corners of the projected image, and this function automatically carries out horizontal and vertical keystone correction
- Robust Carrying Handles
- An iron base plate is mounted to the bottom of the main unit. Also, robust carrying handles attached to the base plate are designed for easy carrying of the projector
- Multi-Screen Support System Seamlessly Connects Multiple Screens
- The multi-screen support system optimally adjusts multiple screens: Edge blending, color matching and multi-screen processor.
The edges of adjacent screens can be blended and their luminance controlled.
This function corrects for slight variations in the color reproduction range of individual projectors
- Versatile Interfaces and Illuminated Terminals and Control Panel
- The wide ranging terminals include two sets of RGB inputs, an HDMI input, and a DVI-D input. Mounting the optional interface board ET-MD16SD1 also accommodates HD/SD-SDI signal input. The terminal connection area is LED illuminated, and a backlight is provided for the control panel buttons, ensuring smooth and easy operation in the dark
- Top Panel Lamp Replacement Simplifies Maintenance
- The lamp can be reached through the top panel for easy replacement. This eliminates the need to detach the projector from its ceiling bracket and greatly simplifies maintenance
- Additional Features
- Direct power off allows the power cord to be unplugged right after use.
Wireless and wired remote control that allows the allocation of up to 64 IDs.
Logo transfer software lets you upload any startup logo you want
- Ecology Conscious Design
- No halogenated flame retardants are used in the cabinet.
Lead free glass is used for the lens.
Lamp power switching further reduces power consumption.
- 9.8' ( 3 m) Power Cord
- Power Cord Secure Lock
- Remote Control
- 2 x R6/AA Type Batteries
- VGA Cable
- Software CD-ROM (Logo Transfer Software, Multi Projector Monitoring & Control Software, Real Color Manager Pro)
- Lens Attachment
- Lens Lock Lever Fixing Bracket
- 3 x Light Shielding Plate
- 3 x Cable Tie
- 3-Year Parts and Labor Warranty, 500 Hours Lamp Warranty
Display System 3-Chip 1.8" / 4.57 cm LCD
Native Resolution XGA - 1024 x 768
Format NTSC 4.43
PAL 60, M, N
Brightness 16000 Lumens
Aspect Ratio Native: 4:3
Contrast Ratio 2500:1
DLP Link 3D None
Color Range 1.07 Billion
Projection Size 40 - 600" / 1016.00 - 15240.00 mm
Keystone Correction Vertical: 40
Ceiling Mountable Yes
Rear Screen Projection Yes
Projection Tilt Option Yes
Inputs/Outputs 1x HDMI Audio/Video (Input)
1x DVI-D Video (Input)
1x 15-pin VGA Video (Input)
1x S-Video Video (Input)
1x M3 Control (Input)
2x 9-pin VGA Control (Input)
1x Ethernet Control/Service (Input/Output)
1x RS-232C Control (Input)
1x USB Type-B Female (Input)
1x 5-BNC Video (Input)
1x BNC Video (Input)
Watts 380 W
Life Normal Mode: 2000 Hours
Eco Mode: 3000 Hours
Fan Noise Normal Mode: 51 dB
Eco Mode: 49 dB
Power Consumption Normal Mode: 1850 W
Standby Mode: 18 W
41 to 104F (5 to 40C)
Humidity: 20 - 80%
Dimensions (WxHxD) 25.6 x 13.7 x 32.1" / 65.0 x 34.8 x 81.5 cm
Weight 102.5 lb / 46.5 kg