The Optoma TW610ST WXGA Multimedia Projector packs a lot of advanced features backed with strong specs and cutting-edge technology into a surprisinglyaffordable package. Its 3,100 lumens of projection power combined with its 3,000:1 contrast ratio and WXGA (1,280 x 800) resolution means it will provide atack-sharp, vivid image in medium to large rooms and even those with high ambient light challenges.
The defining feature of the TW610ST, however, its ability to work close and I mean very close, to the projection screen. The advantages of this short throwtechnology are many. The TW610ST is made to conquer small rooms and tight quarters. All you need is about 3' of distance from the screen to project animage of 80" diagonal. You can place the projector on a table top, up front and center or save even more space by ceiling or wall mounting it close to thescreen. You can forget about the possibility of audience members inadvertently blocking the beam and creating shadows on the screen.
But that's just the beginning. Another of the TW610ST's key features is its Texas Instruments DMD DLP chip. This 0.65" chip processes not just the threeprimary colors (red, green and blue), that all other chips work on but also their complements: cyan, magenta and yellow. As a result colors are so clearand lifelike that Texas Instruments calls its latest version of the technology BrilliantColor. DLP chips with BrilliantColor increase the brightness ofcolors by 50 percent vs. DLP chips without it. An added advantage of this chip is that it requires no filter that has to be periodically cleaned andreplaced, an operation that can be risky in ceiling mounted installations.
The TX610ST is 3D capable. Thanks to DLP Link technology 3D content can be viewed with compatible 3D glasses and a 3D equipped computer. Studies show thatviewers retain 3D screened information more than 2D. Imagine adding this immersive element to classes or presentations.
The projector's wide connectivity includes HDMI, a microphone input, RS-232 and USB for mouse control, as well as monitor loop-through. An RJ-45 connectoris also included for control of the projector or several of them, remotely over a network. And it's compatible with Creston RoomView technology which addsa wide variety of network controls. As far as audio is concerned, The 10W sound system eliminates the need for external speakers in most cases.
The TW610ST is world-ready thanks to its auto-switching 100 - 240 V AC power supply and compatibility with NTSC, PAL and SECAM color systems. It's alsocompatible with PC and Mac resolution and frequency combinations so it's ideal for laptop-based business presentations. The WXGA native resolution isespecially friendly to today's widescreen computers. Additionally, Closed Captioning is on board for noisy environments or for the hearing-impaired.
Lastly, once you've gotten used to the TW610ST's advanced features you wouldn't want it to take an unannounced leave of the premises. There's a Kensingtonlock, password protection and a security bar to prevent that from happening.
- Short Throw Technology
- The TW610ST projects a 72" (1.8 m) diagonal image from less than just 3' (0.91 m). That means that you can table-mount or ceiling-mount theprojector up front and center without intrusion into the beam by audience members. It's great for rear-projection too.
- 3,100 Lumens and a 3,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- The combination of 3,100 lumens of light output and a 3,000:1 contrast ratio is rare in a projector so affordable. It means that even if you don'twatch in movie-theater darkness you'll enjoy a bright, vivid image.
- 3D Ready
- The TW610ST is 3D capable via DLP Link technology up to 720p resolution. 3D content can be viewed with active LCD shutter glasses when theprojector is connected to a computer with a compatible 3D graphics card.
- Big Sound
- The powerful 10W audio system avoids the need for external speakers.
- DMD DLP Technology by Texas Instruments
- Those bright, vivid images are courtesy of Texas Instrument's Digital Micromirror Device Digital Light Processer which they call BrilliantColor.This technology processes not just the primary colors of red, green and blue but also their complements, cyan, magenta and yellow. BrilliantColornot only improves color accuracy, it brightens secondary colors as well.
- World-Wide Compatibility
- This projector can accept from 100 - 240 volts at 50 / 60 Hz and it can accept and project television standards that range from the North Americanstandard NTSC to PAL and SECAM.
- Creston RoomView Technology
- This technology adds native network control and management capabilities to DLP-enabled projectors. Teachers, administrators and IT professionalsall benefit from the ease of use, simplicity and additional functionality offered by RoomView.
- Green Design
- Environment friendly design for less than 1W power consumption during standby mode.