The Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera features a DX-format 24.2 megapixel sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HDvideo with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800 and a fast continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. The sensor design omits the traditional opticallow-pass filter in order to gain the utmost sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos. Complementing the imaging assets are both a versatile39-point autofocus system, with nine cross-type sensors, and a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor for precise exposure metering in a wide variety of lightingconditions. Additionally, 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported, in multiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with full-time continuous auto focusingcapabilities.
The compact, yet durably designed, camera body incorporates both an optical pentamirror optical viewfinder along with a large 3.2" 1,037k-dot vari-angleLCD monitor, which features a 180 swivel design to better support working from high and low angles. Also integrated into the D5300 are both Wi-Fi and GPSmodules, which enable advanced image sharing capabilities as well as location-based image tagging. When paired with an Android or iOS mobile device, remoteviewing and control over the shutter release is possible from a distance and a vast network of pre-populated Points of Interest adds to the overallgeotagging functionality.
For creatively enhancing the look and feel of imagery in-camera, a wide range of Picture Control modes, Scene Modes, and Special Effects modes areavailable as well as a host of in-camera image editing capabilities for adjusting settings prior to sharing. Built-in HDR and Active D-Lighting modes canalso be used to optimize exposure results by preserving highlight and shadow details for an extended range of apparent tones.
Included with the D5300 body is the wide-angle to telephoto zoom AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens, which features VR image stabilization tominimize camera shake to suit working in dimly-lit conditions and with longer focal lengths. One aspherical element and one extra-low dispersion elementare integrated into the lens' design to minimize aberrations and optimize image sharpness and an SWM autofocus mechanism is used to acquire focus quickly,silently, and accurately.
This Bundle Includes:
- D5300 DSLR Camera (Body Only, Black)
The black Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera features a DX-format 24.2 megapixel sensor and EXPEED 4 image processor to produce high-resolution stillimagery and full HD video with notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 12800 and a fast continuous shooting rate of 5 fps. The sensor designomits the traditional optical low-pass filter in order to gain the utmost sharpness and resolution from both photos and videos.Complementing the imaging assets are both a versatile 39-point autofocus system, with nine cross-type sensors, and a 2,016-pixel RGB sensorfor precise exposure metering in a wide variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported, inmultiple frame rates up to 60 fps, with full-time continuous auto focusing capabilities.
The compact, yet durably designed, camera body incorporates both an optical pentamirror optical viewfinder along with a large 3.2"1,037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor, which features a 180 swivel design to better support working from high and low angles. Also integratedinto the D5300 are both Wi-Fi and GPS modules, which enable advanced image sharing capabilities as well as location-based image tagging.When paired with an Android or iOS mobile device, remote viewing and control over the shutter release is possible from a distance and avast network of pre-populated Points of Interest adds to the overall geotagging functionality.
For creatively enhancing the look and feel of imagery in-camera, a wide range of Picture Control modes, Scene Modes, and Special Effectsmodes are available as well as a host of in-camera image editing capabilities for adjusting settings prior to sharing. Built-in HDR andActive D-Lighting modes can also be used to optimize exposure results by preserving highlight and shadow details for an extended range ofapparent tones.
- 24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 4 Processor
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 4 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notabledetail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 12800, which is further expandable to ISO 25600.Additionally, the sensor's design omits an optical low-pass filter in order to acquire the greatest amount sharpness and detailfrom subjects. The EXPEED 4 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for full HD1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 5 fps.
- Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors, toquickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions, from -1 to +19 EV. A unique 3D-tracking mode utilizes the 2,016-pixel RGBsensor, typically reserved for exposure metering, in order to maintain sharp focus on moving subjects. To better suit specificsubject matter when working in AF-A or AF-C focus modes, Dynamic-area AF mode allows you to choose from 9, 21, or 39-point arraysfor enhanced subject tracking and recognition, even if the subject briefly leaves the frame. Single-point AF, 3D-tracking, andAuto-area AF modes are also available.
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus preciselyand can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Additionally, four AF-area modesare available when working in live view: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
- Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Supporting a wealth of sharing and tagging possibilities, the D5300 features built-in Wi-Fi and GPS modules to enable seamlesstransferring of imagery as well as geotagging functionality. Once the Nikon Wireless Mobile Utility app has been installed on anAndroid or iOS mobile device, you can use that device to browse the contents of the memory card, select images, and seamlesslytransfer files between devices for immediate sharing online. Additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter anddisplay a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
The integrated GPS functionality can be used to assign locational data to all image files for geotagging purposes and for plottingimagery to an interactive map. Points of Interest can also be found using this information to further aid in efficientlocation-based tagging.
- Body Design
- Even while maintaining an overall compact form-factor, the D5300 integrates a large 3.2" 1,037k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor, whichfeatures a 180 swivel design to better suit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. Alternatively, a bright pentamirroroptical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon'si-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used, too, for connection and optional external flash for even greater lightingcontrol.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 2016-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyzeall aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine anaccurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked againstonboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, andsubject-tracking AF performance.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in 60, 30, 25, and 24 fps frame rates, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multipleframe rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection andsubject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types.
A built-in stereo microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a microphone input is integrated into thebody design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced control over audio recordings.
- Other Camera Features
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imageryin-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording two separate exposures andblending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such asbacklit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 4 processor's power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness valuescloser to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector is an automatic mode that intelligently identifies your subject and shooting scenario, selects a properScene Mode to apply, and adjusts exposure settings to best render the scene at hand.
- Scene Modes: Autumn Colors, Beach / Snow, Blossom, Candlelight, Child, Close-up, Dusk / Dawn, Food, Landscape, NightLandscape, Night Portrait, Party / Indoor, Pet Portrait, Portrait, Sports, and Sunset.
- Special Effects Modes: Night vision, Color sketch, Toy camera, Miniature effect, Selective color, Silhouette, High key, Lowkey, and HDR painting.
- In-Camera Image Editing Features: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Edit Movie, Filter Effects,Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick retouch, Red-EyeCorrection, Resize, Selective Color, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch,English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian,Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Tamil.
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a multi-purpose zoom lens capable of wide-angle and telephoto imaging witha 35mm focal length equivalence of 27-210mm. This all-in-one zoom lens is compatible with DX format cameras and FX format cameras in cropmode. It features an extra-low dispersion (ED) glass element and an aspherical element to improve edge sharpness and clarity whilecorrecting chromatic and geometric distortions. Nikon's Super Integrated Lens Coating (SIC) improves light transmission and reducesghosting and flare. The combination of high-quality optics and a broad zoom range make the 18-140mm an ideal lens for travel and othertasks that demand functionality without sacrificing portability.
Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) autofocus mechanism provides near-silent auto focusing that is both fast and accurate. Combined withVibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization, the SWM AF system equips the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm for handheld video recording as well asfast-action photography. Additionally, manual autofocus override allows instant switching to manual focus without taking your eye off thesubject. The minimum focus distance is 1.48' and its 7-blade rounded aperture helps to provide pleasing out-of-focus backgrounds.
- Compatible with DX-sized image sensors and FX format sensors in crop mode.
- The 7.8x magnification ratio provides a versatile 18-140mm zoom range which is equivalent to 27-210mm in the 35mm format and coverswide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Vibration Reduction can provide up to four stops of image stabilization for sharper handheld photos and video.
- One aspherical and one ED lens element reduce chromatic aberration and help improve image sharpness, color and clarity.
- The Nikon Super Integrated Coated lens system enhances light transmission and reduces lens flare.
- Internal focus system means only the internal lens elements move during focusing allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capableof closer focusing distances and more practical usage of specialty filters.
- The Silent Wave Motor autofocus mechanism provides quick, quiet and precise auto focusing.
- Manual focus override allows instant switching between AF and MF focusing systems for greater control of focus placement.
Nikon D5300 DSLR Camera w/Nikon 18-140mm Lens - Black
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens
- Lens Cap
- USB Cable
- Audio/Video Cable
- Camera Strap
- Body Cap
- Software CD-ROM
- 5 Year USA Limited Warranty
MEDIUM DSLR CARRYING / TRAVELLING BAG
67MM UV FILTER