The black Nikon COOLPIX S9700 Digital Camera is a compact point-and-shoot camera with a 16MP CMOS image sensor and a 30x optical zoom NIKKOR ED VR4.5-135mm f3.7/6.4 lens with a 35mm equivalent of 25-750mm. The lens features Vibration Reduction to reduce the effects of camera shake at longer focallengths and slower shutter speeds. The camera is capable of capturing stills as well as high definition 1920 x 1080 video with stereo sound. Additionally,the camera features a built-in GPS and Wi-Fi connectivity as well as a pop-up flash for illumination in low-light scenarios.
For times when you need more reach, the Dynamic Fine Zoom provides an enhanced digital zoom function that doubles your zoom to 60x. The S9700 even workswith Nikon's mobile app, allowing for immediate review on your compatible smartphone or tablet for almost instant sharing . And, with the built-in GPS youcan view where your images were taken on Google Maps and other websites. The photos themselves can be stored in the internal 329 MB memory or on an SD card(available separately).
- 16MP Resolution
- At the heart of the camera is an 16MP CMOS image sensor that is designed to reduce digital noise, helping you to capture low-light shots without aflash.
- 3" LCD Display
- Equipped with a 3" 921k-dot LCD monitor with 5-level brightness adjustment, the LCD screen features approximately 98% horizontal and 98% verticalcoverage in shooting mode, and 100% horizontal coverage in playback mode.
- 30x NIKKOR ED VR Zoom Lens
- The camera has a 30x NIKKOR ED VR zoom lens with an effective focal length range of 4.5-135mm, giving a 35mm equivalent of 25-750mm, which coverswide-angle to telephoto shots with an aperture range of f/3.7-6.4. It features 3 ED lens elements for improving sharpness, color, and imagequality.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Capture an image and quickly send it to your compatible iPhone, Android smartphone, iPad, Android tablet, or other Wi-Fi enabled device, such asyour iPod touch. Install the Wireless Mobile Utility application on your smart device and you'll be good to go. Then, use your smart device toemail, text, or upload the captured image to social networking or photo album sites.
- Built-in Navigational Tools
- The built-in GPS, mapping, Electronic Compass and Points of Interest features allow you to create photo journals and maps with your photographs.Share your photo journeys on Google Earth, Google+ and other social media sites, or via the Nikon ViewNX 2 software. The mapping and ElectronicCompass functions also help you navigate unfamiliar destinations.
- Full HD Movies
- Record Full HD 1080p video at 30fps with stereo sound. Then, watch them on your HDTV via the camera's HDMI output, which provides a choice ofviewing resolution: Auto, 480p, 720p or 1080i.
- Pop-Up Flash
- When the light is too low for the CMOS sensor to illuminate your subject on its own, the pop-up TTL auto flash with monitor pre-flashes offersextra illumination.
- Easy Panorama Mode
- Simply turn on this mode and start panning the camera to automatically record a series of shots and stitch them together into one seamlesspanoramic image.
- Smart Portrait System
- Consists of a series of automatic functions enabling better portrait capture, including In-Camera Red-Eye Fix, improved Face-Priority AF, FacePriority AE, Smile Mode, Blink Warning, Skin Softening and D-Lighting.
- Scene Auto Selector
- Let the camera do the thinking in this mode, while you just concentrate on getting your shot. The camera will recognize the situation andautomatically select from six commonly used scene modes, eliminating the mode-setting procedure and streamlining the shooting process.
- Subject Tracking
- Maintain focus on a moving subject via a contrast detection system, which is based on the principle that the in-focus objects in a scene displaythe highest contrast.
- Continuous Shooting Options
- For capturing multiple photos in a fast sequence, the camera offers the following choices: Best Shot Selector, Continuous H, Continuous H 60,Continuous H 120, Continuous L, Multi-shot 16 and Pre-shooting cache.
- Image Stabilization
- Lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR) helps keep your images free of blur, even when your hands are unsteady. When capturing still photos, the camerauses Electronic VR along with the lens-shift VR.
- In-Camera Image Editing
- Effects at your fingertips include Crop, D-Lighting, Glamour Retouch, Movie Footage Trim, Quick Effects, Quick Retouch, and Small Picture.
Nikon COOLPIX S9700 Digital Camera (Black)
- AN-CP19 Strap
- UC-E21 USB Type-A Male to Type-B Micro Male Cable (Black)
- EN-EL12 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (3.7V, 1050mAh)
- EH-71P Charging AC Adapter
- Limited 1-Year Warranty