The Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX Camera Lens Mount Adapter Mark IV from Metabonesattaches a Canon EF lens to a Sony NEX camera. It is referred to as a "SmartAdapter" because it retains electronic communication between the camera and lens and therefore provides automatic aperture control, EXIF data, imagestabilization and autofocus. The adapter is powered by the camera body, so no external power source is required. The Mark IV provides the same functions asthe Mark III but provides optimized performance and an improved internal structure.
The Smart Adapter IV offers two distinct operation modes: Green and Advanced modes. Each mode supports a different set of features and is selected when youmount the lens. Green mode is the default mode and it is designed to conserve battery power by limiting aperture diaphragm movements and imagestabilization. Certain other functions are not available in Green Mode including Auto-Magnify MF Assist and DOF preview.
The adapter's tripod foot is detachable using an Allen wrench and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
Only Canon-branded lenses introduced in or after 2006 are officially supported. Autofocus speed is very slow and inadequate for most moving subjects.Autofocus may be disabled for older Canon lenses and most third-party lenses, including most Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses and all Contax N lensesmodified by Conurus. This Smart Adapter is also compatible with fully manual lenses which have no electrical contacts. For a list of reported compatibilitywith specific lenses please see the Metabones website.
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm; lets camera automatically choose aperture in Program or Shutter Priority exposure modes, or setit manually on the camera body in Aperture Priority or Manual modes.
- The adapter is powered by the camera body, so no external power source is required.
- Two distinct operational modes are supported by the Smart Adapter III: Green mode and Advanced mode. Green mode limits certain features anddisables others in order to conserve the camera's battery power.
- Wide-Open button enables aperture to remain open for clear manual focusing.
- Auto-Magnify/AF Assist enlarges the image in the viewfinder for easier manual focusing. This feature requires the AF/MF switch of the Canon EFmount lens to be set to the MF position and also requires a Canon EF mount lens that supports distance information. Auto-Magnify/AF Assist isdisabled in Green mode.
- The tripod foot is detachable using an Allen wrench and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, and Photo Clam ball heads.
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- Compatible with EF-S lenses, however vignetting at corners may occur for certain EF-S lenses because they are designed to cover a 1.6x crop imagecircle and Sony NEX has a 1.5x crop sensor.
- Compatible with Sony NEX full frame cameras such as the A7 and A7R. The Mark III adapter supports auto "APS-C Size Capture" with EF-S lenses aswell.
- Supports distance and zoom display on VG and FS series camcorders and auto magnify on lenses that support distance information
- Compatible with select fully manual lenses which have no electrical contacts.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenseswith floating elements.
- Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with thelens.
- Satin surface finish matches lens and camera mounts.
- A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture. Autofocus is disabled formost third-party lenses.
- Only Canon-branded lenses introduced in or after 2006 are officially supported. Autofocus may be disabled for older Canon lenses and mostthird-party lenses, including most Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses and all Contax N lenses modified by Conurus.
Detachable Tripod FootLimited 1-year Warranty
Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX Camera Lens Mount Adapter Mark IV