LASER & LED HYBRID LIGHT SOURCE SUPPORTING HIGH-BRIGHTNESS PROJECTION WITHOUT MERCURY
CASIO has applied its unique new Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source to achieve breakthrough development of a mercury-free high-brightness projector. Adopting a new semiconductor-based light source system combining a blue laser, phosphor and a red LED, we have achieved both high-brightness performance enabling projection in well-lit rooms and environmental friendliness with mercury eliminated from the light source.
APPROXIMATELY 20,000-HOUR LONG-LIFE LIGHT SOURCE WITH LESS BRIGHTNESS DEGRADATION
The light source’s life of approximately 20,000 hours far outshines that of conventional projectors that require mercury lamp replacement. It saves maintenance labor and contributes to a significant reduction in operating costs. Since brightness degradation is more gradual than with mercury lamps, moreover, it maintains vivid image quality through long-term use.
STARTUP AS QUICK AS 5-SECONDS* FAST ON & OFF SWITCHING FOR CONVENIENT USABILITY
Projection at maximum brightness is achieved in as few as five seconds, and the time from startup to screen display is shortened dramatically, facilitating more effective use of limited time. No cooling down is necessary, moreover, when the power is turned OFF. Users can complete the process from setting up to packing up smartly and speedily.
* Except XJ-A series
ENHANCED BEAUTY AND REALISM A FURTHER LEAP FORWARD IN COLOR REPRODUCTION
The dramatic improvement in color purity achieved by the new light source has significantly improved color reproduction. Not only are the colors clearer and more beautiful, but the projected images also look brighter due to the visual effects of the high-purity colors. Users benefit from clearer, more powerful images than conventional projectors can achieve.
COMMITMENT TO USABILITY
MOBILE CONFIGURATION FOR CARRYING CONVENIENCE
CASIO’s innovative mobile styling has resulted in an A4-size projector that measures just 1.69 inches in thickness and 5.1 lbs in weight. It slips neatly into a slim briefcase and travels with you easily to presentations outside your office.
- 1.69 inches
- 11.7 inches
WIRELESS OPERATION FOR SMOOTH MEETINGS AND PRESENTATIONS (C-ASSIST)
Wireless connection with a smartphone or tablet by C-Assist permits remote control of the projector or a PC. The ability to change from one projected image to another, project digital images taken with a camera in real time and share pages accessed by browser with viewers contributes to more efficient conferences and impressive presentations.
- Wireless presentation
- Wireless camera
- Browser projection
- Simple PC remote control
Check OS versions compatible with the app on Google Play or the App Store.
* App functions and operating environments may be altered without prior notice.
* The app may not function on some smart device.
INTERNAL MEMORY FOR PC-FREE PRESENTATIONS
Presentation materials stored in the (2GB) internal memory can be projected without a PC. Operators can project still or moving images as well as files in PDF (and other) formats without conversion. Operation can be conducted with the bundled remote controller or a smartphone.
The XJ-A147 Slim Series 4:3 Multi-Media Projector with Wireless LAN Adapter from Casio puts emphasis on portability, with a thickness of 1.7" and an adaptable 2x optical zoom and 1.4 to 2.8:1 throw ratio. The projector is perhaps most notable for its hybrid LED/laser light source that is estimated to last up to 20,000 hours and boasts lower power consumption (155 watts maximum) than tungsten-based alternatives. The light source generates 2500 lumens at full brightness, and the single-chip DLP imager features native resolution of 1024 x 768 (XGA) which translates to a 4:3 aspect ratio. In addition, it can adapt to non-native resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 (UXGA) for computer sources and 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) for HDTV video sources.
For connection to a computer, Blu-ray or DVD player, A/V system, document camera, or just about any other video source, the XJ-A147 features an HDMI input, a VGA input, and a legacy composite input. The VGA input also supports component by using a separately available component (YCbCr/YPbPr) to VGA adapter or cable. A USB port allows you to connect a storage device such as a flash drive to give "PC-less" presentations or load files onto the 2GB of built-in memory. It also allows you to connected the included wePresent wireless LAN adapter. With this adapter you can give presentations from a Mac or Windows computer or iOS, Android, or Windows mobile device.
A wireless IR remote is included that works up to 16.4' away. For integration with automation systems like Crestron or control via custom software, there is an RS-232C port on a proprietary "mini" connector. You can adapt this port to work with standard 8- or 9-pin RS-232C cables and devices using the separately available YK-60 adapter and any additional RS-232 cables that might be required.
- Laser/LED Hybrid Light Source
- Combines the light produced by a laser array and an LED lamp to provide a light source that is more energy efficient than conventional projector lamps. It features a brightness of 2500 lumens in normal mode and a life up to 20,000 hours
Note: The Slim Hybrid Light Source can only be replaced by the Casio Factory Service Center. Disassembly of the projector and/or use of its technology or components for other purposes is potentially dangerous
- 2x Optical Zoom
- Throw ratio is one of the most important characteristics of a projector - it tells you how wide the image will be at a given distance from the screen. Many portable projectors have 1.5x or less optical zoom, potentially forcing you to except a non-ideal image size when presenting in venues outside your control. With 2x optical zoom and a 1.4 to 2.8:1 throw ratio, the XJ-A147 gives you significantly greater flexibility compared to these projectors in terms of projection distance
- Slim Form Factor
- The XJ-A147 is designed to give you a foot print that is similar to a laptop, and be not much thicker either. Including protrusions, the dimensions are 11.7 x 8.3 x 1.7. On top of that it weighs in at 5.1 pounds
- Single Chip DLP Technology
- Uses a combination of a 0.55" chip covered in millions of micro-mirrors and a color wheel to produce an image. DLP features less spacing between pixels and better contrast than many comparable LCD-based systems, and the design does not require a filter that needs to be replaced
- USB Functionality
- Provides an alternative way of connecting the projector to a computer - besides HDMI or VGA- to give presentations (requires admin privileges for first-time connection). You can also use USB to transfer data to the project's 2GB built-in memory
- For connecting the included YW-40 wireless LAN adapter for projecting wirelessly from a computer or mobile device that has the MobiShow app installed
- Connect a USB flash drive for "PC-less" presentations
- PC-Less Presentations
- Using a USB flash drive, card reader, other USB storage device, or the 2GB internal memory you can give presentations or play video directly from the projector. File types supported include: PDF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, AVI, MOV, and MP4. In addition, PowerPoint files can be converted using EZ-Converter FA for Windows, available for download from the CASIO website
- Wireless Presentations with MobiShow
- With the MobiShow app you beam presentations wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. The app is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile, and requires the device have a Wi-Fi interface so that an ad-hoc connection can be made with the projector's WLAN adapter
- wePresent YW-40 Wireless LAN Adapter
- Give presentations from a Mac or Windows computer with Wi-Fi (requires installation of wePresent software). For classroom and workshop applications, or presentations with multiple speakers, you can connect up to 32 computers simultaneously
- Transfer files to the internal memory from a computer with Wi-Fi
- Connect a mobile device that has the MobiShow app installed
- Supports 802.11b/g/n standards
- 4:3 Native Aspect Ratio
- This projector features the XGA format, which produces a 4:3 aspect ratio picture optimal for PowerPoint presentations and many still images formats. The wider 16:9 HDTV and 16:10 computer aspect ratios can still be displayed - either by cropping the sides of the image, "letterboxing" (filling the remaining space with black bars top and bottom), or applying an anamorphic squeeze which distorts the picture
- Automatic Brightness Adjustment
- Adjusts lumen output based on the level of ambient light detected in the room to help conserve power and reduce eye-strain from over-bright images