Providing the full resolving power of its new sensor, the EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera from Canon is a variant of the 5DS with the sensor's low-pass filterrendered neutral. By cancelling the effect of the filter, the 50.6 MP sensor is enabled to deliver an even higher resolution with more intricate details.The potential downside to this is that the cancellation function brings with it the greater possibility of moir and other color artifacts. This is acamera for those interested in the utmost resolution from the sensor and the ability to control color artifacts either in-camera or with post-processingsoftware.
This long-awaited follow-up to the vaunted 5D Mark III and brings with it new technology and a number of significant upgrades, placing it in very loftyterritory for a DSLR. Featuring a full-frame 50.6 MP CMOS sensor, the camera captures ultra-high resolution images suitable for large-scale printing andextensive, creative cropping. The Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors provide the wherewithal to handle this abundance of information, enabling fast performancespeeds and top-of-the-line image quality. The 5DS R also features advanced video capability including HD 1080p capture at 30 fps and a Time Lapse moviefunction which takes still photos at set intervals and combines them into a full HD movie.
The EOS Scene Detection System with the 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor provides precise exposure and color metering and the 61-point High DensityReticular AF sensor with 41 cross-type points enables accurate AF placement and Canon's EOS iTR (Intelligent Tracking and Resolution) enhances AFperformance by using information from the metering sensor. Crop shooting at 1.3x and 1.6x allows for flexibility in the size of image files created and theselection of lenses. Also, a built-in intervalometer and bulb timer expand your creative options. An advanced mirror control mechanism and new selectableshutter release lag times control camera vibration for reduced blur and quiet operation. Anti-flicker functionality compensates for flickering lightsources, providing consistent exposure metering during continuous shooting. Despite its large file sizes, the 5DS R can still offer up to a 5 fpscontinuous shooting rate.
For stable eye-level composition the 5DS R features the Intelligent Viewfinder II with 100% coverage. In addition to its clear view, a superimposed,transparent LCD is incorporated which displays setting information and offers a customizable view of focus points and grid lines. The 3.2" ClearView II LCDmonitor provides playback and live view composition with 1.04m-dot resolution and a 170 viewing angle. High-transparency materials and multi-coatingresist reflections for bright viewing, especially important when shooting video.
The 5DS R is a durable and multi-faceted camera for advanced use, yet its dimensions match that of the 5D Mark III. A magnesium-alloy build providesresistance to impact and the elements and inputs include a PC terminal, 3-pin input, an external microphone jack as well as HDMI out and USB 3.0compatibility. The base plate and tripod socket have also been reinforced to reduce vibrations and ensure a secure attachment to support systems. Dualmedia slots for Compact Flash and SD format memory cards are supported. A customizable Quick Control System allows you to easily switch between frequentlyused settings and functions.
- New 50.6 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Newly designed 50.6 MP full-frame CMOS helps deliver ultra-high resolution images for large-scale printing and extensive, creative cropping, whileDual DIGIC 6 Image Processors enable top-of-the-line image quality and processing speed.
- Low-Pass Filter Effect Cancellation
- Low-pass filter effect cancellation takes full advantage of the 50.6 MP sensor, delivering greater detail and even higher resolution images thanthose of the 5DS.
- Fine Detail Mode in Picture Style
- Taking advantage of its sensor's high-resolution capturing power, the EOS 5DS R camera has a new Picture Style called Fine Detail mode. Fine Detailemphasizes fine edges and patterns or textures by setting the camera's Sharpness sub-settings, fineness and threshold to their minimum and bylowering contrast settings as well. Prioritizing minute details in the image allows for better gradations, more detailed textures and fine edgesfor smoother, more polished photographs.
- EOS Scene Detection System with RGB+IR Metering Sensor
- The EOS 5DS R camera has the iSA Intelligent Scene Analysis system that employs an independent RGB+IR light sensor with approximately 150,000-pixelresolution. This sensor enables Canon's Intelligent Tracking and Recognition system (iTR AF) that detects and tracks subjects, automaticallyswitching the AF point to optimize tracking. With new tracking algorithms tailored to recognize faces and colors, this system serves as thefoundation to the camera's AF system.
- 61-Point High Density Reticular AF
- For fast, precise AF with sophisticated tracking performance, the EOS 5DS R camera has an advanced, 61-point High Density Reticular AF system withup to 41 cross-type AF points. The AF system is sensitive to changes in composition, making adjustments quickly to help ensure consistent, sharpAF. A new RGB+IR AF sensor (with approximately 150,000 pixels) monitors subject motion, and Canon's iTR Intelligent Tracking and Recognition systemsynchronizes the active AF point with the subject's motion, helping to ensure that AF precision is maintained. With focus modes dedicated to theparticulars of the shooting environment, the EOS 5DS R realizes a level of focus accuracy befitting its 50.6 MP sensor.
- Advanced Mirror Control Mechanism and Shutter Release Time Lag
- The camera shake that occurs from the impact of an SLR's mirror can leave blurred details in the recorded image. This effect is magnified whenworking with a high-resolution sensor like the one found in the EOS 5DS R camera. To counter the effects of conventional, spring-driven SLRmirrors, the EOS 5DS R features a newly developed Mirror Vibration Control system. The camera's mirror is not controlled by springs but instead isdriven by a small motor and cams. This system suppresses the impact typical of the camera's mirror, significantly reducing impact and its effectson the image. A new Time Release Lag setting, easily accessed on the menu system, offers added protection against camera shake by setting theshutter release time intentionally longer so the camera does not begin the exposure until after the impact of the camera's mirror has diffused.
- Anti-Flicker Feature
- With Canon's anti-flicker function, the camera is able to deliver accurate results under cycling lighting situations. Under flickering light, suchas fluorescent lighting, a fast shutter speed may result in an irregular exposure. The anti-flicker function detects the frequency and phase of theflicker and captures images near the point of peak brightness when the subject is most likely well illuminated.
- 1.3x and 1.6x Crop Shooting
- For still photography, the EOS 5DS R features the flexibility of a cropping feature that extends the shooting effect 1.3x and 1.6x. With 50.6 MPcapture, cropped shots are possible with resolution to spare. Images recorded at 1.3x (APS-H) are approximately 30.5 MP (6768 x 4512) Large/FineJPEG, while images recorded at 1.6x (APS-C) are approximately 19.6 MP (5424 x 3616) Large/Fine JPEG. Particularly useful in extending the range oftelephoto lenses, the crop function also improves the subject tracking capability with almost the entire frame covered with AF points. Imagecropping can be displayed in the viewfinder either masked or overlaid with an outline showing the cropped area, and in Live View shooting the imageis cropped by the effect chosen. Aspect ratios can also be defined, with the EOS 5DS R shooting in 1:1, 4:3, and 16:9 ratios, in addition to thedefault 3:2.
- Full HD 30p Movie Capability
- The Canon 5DS R supports full HD 1080/30p movie capability and Time Lapse Movie function, which takes still photographs at set intervals andcombines them into a full HD movie file, is provided. In addition HD and VGA resolution, numerous frame rates and ALL-I and IPB compressions aresupported. Still images can be captured during video recording. A jack for an external microphone is provided.
- Built-In Intervalometer and Bulb Timer
- The EOS 5DS R offers time-lapse fixed-point shooting and long exposures without the need for a remote control. The interval timer takes from 1 to99 shots at pre-selected intervals (from 1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds, or unlimited), ideal for shooting flowers as they bloom orclouds drifting through the sky. Captured exposures can even be collected and saved as an HD movie. Its built-in bulb timer keeps the shutter openfor a designated amount of time, perfect for night photography, to capture the flow of traffic on a street corner, or any other situation wherelong exposure photography is warranted.
- 3.2" ClearView II LCD Monitor
- The 3.2" ClearView II LCD monitor has 1,040,000 dots, anti-reflective construction and features Canon's ClearView technology for a bright, sharpdisplay in any number of shooting situations. It's ideal for reviewing settings and images, as well as for shooting in Live View mode. In LiveView, grid lines can be displayed in 9 sections, 24 sections, or 9 sections with diagonals, as can the electronic level. For image review, thecamera has a dedicated Magnify/Reduce button for zooming in or out (up to 16x) simply by pressing the button and turning the Main Dial. Images canbe protected or erased quickly, individually or in batches, and slideshows can be created with some or all images and can be sequenced by date,folders, movies, stills or rating. A clear and simple feature guide found in the camera's menu provides detailed reference information wheneverneeded.
- Intelligent Viewfinder II
- The Intelligent Viewfinder II makes it easy to both shoot, change and confirm camera settings and shooting modes all without looking away from theviewfinder. Displaying approximately 100% of the composition, the viewfinder can show settings like shooting mode, exposure level, white balance,drive mode, AF operation, metering mode, recording format, an electronic level and more. All of this information can be displayed by orsuperimposed easily over the image for review while shooting, and multiple views are customizable through the camera's simple user interface.
- Customizable Quick Control Screen
- In addition to a conventional Quick Control screen, the EOS 5DS R camera features a Quick Control button that enables the photographer to easilyaccess the settings critical for the task at hand. The user can specify features to display, as well as their location and size on the screen.
- Continuous Shooting
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture fast-moving action at full resolution.
- USB 3.0 and Other Connectors
- The 5DS R provides support for USB 3.0 connections as well as mini HDMI out, 3-pin input, and a PC terminal. The USB 3.0 digital terminal offersfast transfer to PCs and printers, plus connectivity to Canon's WFT-E7 (Version 2) for wireless transfer and Wi-Fi compatibility.
Canon EOS 5DS R DSLR Camera (Body Only)
- LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1865mAh)
- LC-E6 Charger for LP-E6 Battery Pack
- IFC-150U II USB 3.0 Interface Cable for DSLRs
- Eyecup Eg
- RF-3 Body Cap for Canon EOS Cameras
- Wide Strap EW-EOS5DSR
- Cable Protector
- EOS DIGITAL Solution Disk
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Canon EOS 5DS R Digital SLR with Low-Pass Filter Effect Cancellation Camera
Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Autofocus Lens for Canon EOS
Vertical Multi-Power Battery Grip
2 Pieces Transcend 32 GB High Speed SDHC Class 10 Memory Cards
Deluxe Camera Carrying Case for DSLR Cameras
Auto Power Slave Flash for Canon DSLR Cameras
Spare LP-E6 Battery Pack
High Definition Ultraviolet Protector Filter
Hand Wrist Grip Strap
Original Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack and LC-E6 Battery Charger
RF-3 Body Cap for Canon EOS Cameras
Wide Neck Strap
4 Piece Macro Close-up filter kit
Lens Cleaning Pen System & Rubber Air Dust Blower
Hi-Speed usb 2.0 Memory Card Reader