Front CapRear CapDetachable Tripod FootLimited 1-Year Warranty
Metabones Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster "S" Version
Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster
The Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster (MB_SPEF-m43-BM1) is not compatible with Olympus E-M10, E-M1, E-M5 . Olympus E-M10, E-M1, E-M5 users please choose another version called "Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster S Version ". S version must use with active MFT mount carmeas, such as OMD, GH4 and BMPCC, but not for passive MFT mount cameras e.g. BMCC 2.5K.
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
- The lens aperture is set by the controls on the camera body.
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required. (also accept 3rd party external power supply via MicroUSB socket when using with passive MFT mount camera e.g. BMCC 2.5K)
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
Optics designed by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending)
|Supported||Not supported |
Image stabilization (IS) lenses
Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
Distance and zoom display on camcorders (see note 1)
Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 2)
Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 2)
External 5 Volt power supply (see note 6)
Olympus E-M10, E-M1, E-M5 (see note 8)
EF-S lenses (some EF-S lenses may need modification)
Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
M42 screw mount adapters (see note 4)
Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top (see note 5 and list of lenses which require modification below.)
Lens: Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC
- Requires lenses supporting distance information.
- A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture.
- This Smart Adapter is designed to cover an 17.3mm x 13mm sensor.
- Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Smart Adapter and cause damage to the Smart Adapter and/or camera body.
- Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Smart Adapter. They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Smart Adapter. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Smart Adapter. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Smart Adapter are not covered by warranty.
- For those passive (without electronic pin or without power supply from the camcorder) MFT camcorders, this Speed Booster Adapter can also be powered by external third-party 5 Volt MicroUSB power supply*.
* ) third-party 5 Volt MicroUSB power supply is not provided in the box. The compatibility of 3rd party power supply can't be guaranteed.
For use with fast lenses (faster than f/1.8), the pre-boost apertures will be displayed in the camera.
Slow lenses will report boosted apertures to the camera body but fast lenses will report pre-boost apertures. We won't show f/0.7 with a f/1.2 lens attached, but show f/1.2 instead.
a) EF 85/1.2L attached, camera display = f/1.2, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/0.74.
b) Sigma 18-35/1.8 attached, camera display = f/1.0, physical aperture (lens + Speed Booster combined) = f/1.0.
For E-M10, E-M1 and E-M5 camera, please choose Speed Booster S (more detail about Canon EF Lens to Micro Four Thirds Speed Booster S - MB_SPEF-m43-BM2).
Difference between Normal version and S version of EF-MFT Speed Boosters:
Select the correct EF-MFT Speed Booster fits for your camera:
List of lenses (have been tested by metabones) with support on EF-M43 Smart Adapter. (Lenses which have been tested with EF-E Smart Adapter may refer to EF-E Smart Adapter product page.)
Canon EF zooms
Canon EF primes
Canon 85mm 1.2
Canon 100mm 2.8
List of manual focus lenses which REQUIRE MODIFICATION to be used on Smart Adapter
Many manual focus lenses have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Smart Adapter. They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Smart Adapter. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Smart Adapter. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions or by poor quality adapters are not covered by warranty. The following is an incomplete list of lenses known to be incompatible.
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.
Remark: Your PayPal receipt is your order confirmation. There is no separate email confirmation until shipment takes place.
Disclaimer: we are NOT licensed, approved or endorsed by Micro Four Thirds or Canon.
Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
- Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
- Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
- Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
- Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
- True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
- EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.
|Compatibility||Canon EF-mount lens to Micro Four Thirds-mount camera|
|Groups/Elements||4 / 5|
|Length||2.6 x 0.9" (6.7 x 2.4 cm)|
|Weight||6.1 oz (172.0 g)|
|Package Weight||0.7 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||4.331 x 4.173 x 2.362"|